Tuesday 7 July 2015

Moving On


I’ve been thinking. As I always do.

How do people do it? Getting over that one person you went all out with.
That one single soul, in a planet of over eight billion, who with just a smile could make your heart skip a beat, merely with a single word make you the happiest person alive or cause you to drown yourself in tears. That one person you sat with on a late summer night staring at the cloudless sky decorated with an endless array of glimmering stars, dreaming of the life you would have together. 

That one person who once dictated each and every single thought that went through your mind.

People say you get over them. Eventually. I’m starting to question whether they ever truly loved the ones they “got over”. Because it would appear that regardless of what you do, who you’re with, who you date, and who you sleep with, the thoughts of that one person you gave all your heart, mind and soul to, never perish.

So if my hypothesis is true, how do we deal with it? I don’t know. But I think one of the most important things is to acknowledge that maybe we will never truly get over it.

Don’t get me wrong - we will eventually find happiness and love again. We will, at some point make our dreams come true. I believe that as long as we are persistent in what we do and courageous enough to keep fighting against whatever life throws at us, these things are going to come to us. But I think it’s human nature to, at one point or another, stop and skim through those faded memories, think about the hopes and dreams we had back then, and reflect on where we are now. I think we will always wonder what could have been. 

I guess that’s cause people, regardless of what they accomplish and what they have in their lives, are never permanently happy, and they never will be. And in our weaker moments, we sabotage ourselves with self-induced, poisonous negative thoughts which lead us to believe that at some point we took a wrong turn and that we would be better off if we had done things differently. It’s silly and deceiving, but I say it’s just our nature. This always reminds me of a quote I heard on One Tree Hill. "Happiness is not a destination, it’s a mood. It comes and goes. And if we all thought of it that way, maybe we’d be happy more often". One to think about.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, I think I’ve lost my faith in this whole getting over someone process. I’ve stopped waiting and expecting that I will someday wake up, and from that day onwards never again - not even for a split second - think of that one person which had once occupied every single thought in my mind, that one person who I couldn’t spend more than a few days apart from. And in a way, that makes it easier to deal with…

At least that’s what I’ve deduced from my experiences so far anyway.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FaithStatic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig